Terms And Conditions
By accessing, visiting, browsing, using or attempting to interact with any part of this website, or other Carpet Removal Sydney websites or any of Carpet Removal Sydney’s licensee’s services or software or hiring any of our employee’s to do a job for you. (collectively “Services”), you agree that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by this agreement. If you do not agree to be bound by this agreement, please do not access or use any part of this website or hire any of our employee’s to commence work or to do any service for you or your business and/or home.
As soon as a quote is finalized and you have agreed to hire our team to do a service for you, you agree that you have read, understand and you are automatically agreeing to be legally bound by this agreement
Access to this site
To access this website or some of the resources it offers, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. It is a condition of your use of this website that all the information you provide on this website will be correct, current, and complete. If Carpet Removal Sydney believes the information you provide is not correct, current, or complete, Carpet Removal Sydney has the right to refuse you access to this website or any of its resources and to terminate or suspend your access at any time.
Restriction on use
You may use this website for purposes expressly permitted by this site. As a condition of your use of Carpet Removal Sydney’s website, you warrant to Carpet Removal Sydney that you will not use the website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. For example, you may not (and may not authorise any party to):
(a) co-brand this website; or
(b) frame this website; or
(c) hyperlink to this website, without the express prior written permission of an authorised representative of Carpet Removal Sydney.
You agree to cooperate with Carpet Removal Sydney in causing any unauthorised co-branding, framing or hyper-linking immediately to cease. In addition, you may not use this website in any manner which could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the website or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the website. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, content, or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the website.
Personal and non-commercial use limitation
This website is for your personal and non-commercial use unless otherwise specified. You may not use this website for any other purpose, including any commercial purpose, without Carpet Removal Sydney’s express prior written consent. You may not modify, copy, distribute, display, send, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, content, software, products or services obtained from or otherwise connected to this website.
The material and content accessible from this website, and any other website owned, operated, licensed, or otherwise controlled by Carpet Removal Sydney (the “Content”) is the proprietary information of Carpet Removal Sydney or the party that provided or licensed the Content to Carpet Removal Sydney, whereby such providing party retains all right, title, and interest in the Content.
Accordingly, the Content may not be copied, distributed, republished, uploaded, posted, or transmitted in any way without the prior written consent of Carpet Removal Sydney, except that you may print out a copy of the Content solely for your personal use. In doing so, you may not remove or alter, or cause to be removed or altered, any copyright, trademark, trade name, service mark, or any other proprietary notice or legend appearing on any of the Content.
This website may be hyperlinked to other sites that are not maintained by, or related to, Carpet Removal Sydney. Hyperlinks to such websites are provided as a service to users and are not sponsored by or affiliated with this website or Carpet Removal Sydney. Carpet Removal Sydney has not reviewed any or all of such websites and is not responsible for the content of those websites. Carpet Removal Sydney is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any hyperlinked site.
Hyperlinks are to be accessed at the user’s own risk, and Carpet Removal Sydney makes no representations or warranties about the content, completeness or accuracy of these hyperlinks or the websites hyperlinked to this website. Carpet Removal Sydney provides hyperlinks as a convenience, and the inclusion of any hyperlink to a third-party website does not necessarily imply endorsement by Carpet Removal Sydney of that website or any association with its operators.
Use of communication services
Carpet Removal Sydney’s websites may contain forums, bulletin board services, chat areas, message boards, newsgroups, communities, personal web pages, calendars, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to allow you to communicate with the Internet community or with a group (collectively, “Communications Services”). You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and content that are proper and related to the particular Communication Service.
Among other actions, when using a Communication Service, you agree that you will not post, send, submit, publish, or transmit in connection with this website any material that:
– You do not have the right to post, including proprietary material of any third party, such as files containing software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity);
– Advocates illegal activity or discusses an intent to commit an illegal act;
– Is vulgar, obscene, pornographic, or indecent;
– Does not pertain directly to this website;
– Threatens or abuses others, libels, defames, invades privacy, stalks, is obscene, pornographic, racist, abusive, harassing, threatening or offensive;
– Seeks to exploit or harm children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise;
– Harvests or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
– Violates any law or may be considered to violate any law;
– Impersonates or misrepresents your connection to any other entity or person or otherwise manipulates headers or identifiers to disguise the origin of the content;
– Falsifies or deletes any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
– Advertises any commercial endeavour (eg offering for sale products or services) or otherwise engages in any commercial activity (eg conducting raffles or contests, displaying sponsorship banners, and/or soliciting goods or services) except as may be specifically authorised on this website;
– Solicits funds, advertisers or sponsors;
– Includes programs that contain viruses, worms and/or Trojan or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications;
– Disrupts the normal flow of dialogue, causes a screen to scroll faster than other users are able to type, or otherwise act in a way which affects the ability of other people to engage in real-time activities via this website;
– Includes MP3 format files;
– Amounts to a “pyramid” or other like scheme, including contests, chain letters, and surveys;
– Disobeys any policy or regulations including any code of conduct or other guidelines, established from time to time regarding use of this website or any networks connected to this website; or
– Contains hyperlinks to other websites that contain content that falls within the descriptions outlined above.
Notwithstanding these rights, you remain solely responsible for the content of your submissions. You acknowledge and agree that neither Carpet Removal Sydney nor any third party that provides Content to Carpet Removal Sydney will assume or have any liability for any action or inaction by Carpet Removal Sydney or such third party with respect to any submission.
Carpet Removal Sydney cautions you against giving out any personally identifying information about yourself or your children in any Communication Service. Carpet Removal Sydney does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Service and, consequently, Carpet Removal Sydney specifically disclaims any liability with respect to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Service. Commentators and hosts are not authorised Carpet Removal Sydney spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of Carpet Removal Sydney.
You hereby grant to Carpet Removal Sydney the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display all content, remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, or other information communicated to Carpet Removal Sydney through this website (together, the “Submission”), and to incorporate any Submission in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. Carpet Removal Sydney will not be required to treat any Submission as confidential, and may use any Submission in its business (including without limitation, for products or advertising) without incurring any liability for royalties or any other consideration of any kind, and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities that may appear in future Carpet Removal Sydney operations.
You understand that Carpet Removal Sydney cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Internet will be free of viruses, worms, trojan or other code that may manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to this website for any reconstruction of any lost data. Carpet Removal Sydney does not assume any responsibility or risk for your use of the Internet.
The Content is not necessarily complete and up-to-date and should not be used to replace any reports, statements, or notices provided by Carpet Removal Sydney relevant to such Content.
Your use of this website is at your own risk. The content is provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. Carpet Removal Sydney disclaims all warranties, including any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, or non-infringement. Carpet Removal Sydney does not warrant that the functions or content contained in this website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Carpet Removal Sydney does not warrant or make any representation regarding use, or the result of use, of the content in terms of accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. The content may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and Carpet Removal Sydney may make changes or improvements at any time. You, and not Carpet Removal Sydney, assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction in the event of any loss or damage arising from the use of this website or its content. Carpet Removal Sydney makes no warranties that your use of the content will not infringe the rights of others and assumes no liability or responsibility for errors or omissions in such content.
All of the information on this website, whether historical in nature or forward-looking, speaks only as of the date the information is posted on this website, and Carpet Removal Sydney does not undertake any obligation to update such information after it is posted or to remove such information from this website if it is not, or is no longer accurate or complete.
Limitation on liability
Carpet Removal Sydney, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, service providers, content providers, employees, agents, officers, and directors will not be liable for any incidental, direct, indirect, punitive, actual, consequential, special, exemplary, or other damages, including loss of revenue or income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, or similar damages, even if Carpet Removal Sydney has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will the collective liability of Carpet Removal Sydney and its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, service providers, content providers, employees, agents, officers, and directors to any party (regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) exceed the amount you have paid directly to Carpet Removal Sydney for the applicable content or service out of which liability arose.
Termination or restriction of access
Carpet Removal Sydney reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to any or all of Carpet Removal Sydney’s websites and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice.
You agree that the Indemnified Parties will have no liability in connection with any such breach or unauthorized use, and you agree to indemnify any and all resulting loss, damages, judgments, awards, costs, expenses, and attorneys’ fees of the Indemnified Parties in connection therewith. You will also indemnify and hold the Indemnified Parties harmless from and against any claims brought by third parties arising out of your use of the information accessed from this website.
Trademarks and copyrights
Trademarks, service marks, logos, and copyrighted works appearing in this website are the property of Carpet Removal Sydney or the party that provided the trademarks, services marks, logos, and copyrighted works to Carpet Removal Sydney. Carpet Removal Sydney and any party that provided trademarks, service marks, logos, and copyrighted works to Carpet Removal Sydney retain all rights with respect to any of their respective trademarks, service marks, logos, and copyrighted works appearing in this site.
All contents of Carpet Removal Sydney’s websites are Copyright © 2018 Carpet Removal Sydney. All rights reserved.
Any passwords used for this website are for individual use only. You will be responsible for the security of your password (if any). Carpet Removal Sydney will be entitled to monitor your password and, at its discretion, require you to change it. If you use a password that Carpet Removal Sydney considers insecure, Carpet Removal Sydney will be entitled to require the password to be changed.
You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Carpet Removal Sydney as a result of this agreement or use of Carpet Removal Sydney’s website.
A printed version of such documents and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to the agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, any additional terms and conditions on this website will govern any additional items to which they pertain.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the information on this Site, neither Carpet Removal Sydney nor any of its officers, employees or agents accept any responsibility or liability for any loss occasioned by a person relying on the information or statements contained on it.
Payment, Pricing & Other
– The Customer shall not be entitled to set off against, or deduct from the Price, any sums owed or claimed to be owed to the Customer by Carpet Removal Sydney nor to withhold payment of any invoice because part of that invoice is in dispute.
– Carpet Removal Sydney reserves the right to change the Price in the event of a variation to Carpet Removal Sydney’s quotation. Any variation from the plan of scheduled Services or specifications (including, but not limited to, any variation as a result of increases to Carpet Removal Sydney in the cost of materials and labour) will be charged for on the basis of Carpet Removal Sydney’s quotation and will be shown as variations on the invoice. Payment for all variations must be made in full at their time of completion.
– At Carpet Removal Sydney’s sole discretion a non-refundable deposit may be required.
– The Customer acknowledges that Carpet Removal Sydney is unable to ascertain the quality or type of sub-floor or base underneath the flooring pertaining to the Services. As a result, in the event Carpet Removal Sydney finds that there is more than one layer of flooring to be removed, the original quoted price shall be subject to a variation. Further, the customer shall be liable for the actual cost of removing the flooring and any additional layers. Carpet Removal Sydney will make all reasonable attempts to obtain the customer’s approval before proceeding once it is ascertained that the quoted price will be exceeded.
– Payment in full is required on the date of removal or installation unless otherwise agreed upon. If the payment does not get paid in full within 7 days of completion of the job the customer will have to pay a late fee of $250 per week. If this goes on for longer than four weeks the bill will be sent to a debt collector.
– Disposal of waste cost will vary depending on the size of the job as well as the weight of the material.
– Call out fees are nonrefundable if you agree to our team coming out for a job such as a carpet cleaning job and we fail to get the stain 100% removed but have still tried everything that we can to remove the stain to the best of our ability you will still be charged a call out fee. Call out fees from job inspection/quotes are also nonrefundable.
– If a deposit payment is made by credit card, I authorise Carpet Removal Sydney to debit the balance from my credit card seven days after the job has been completed.
– If payment is made via credit card or PayPal their will be a 2.6% surcharge added.
– Goods already cut or specifically ordered for a customer cannot be cancelled or deposit refunded.
– Any account outstanding for more than 30 days will be liable to meet the cost of debt recovery action, legal and/or commissions and accounting charges. Such recovery charges will be added to the buyer’s account and form part of the principal debt.
– Title of goods purchased does not pass at law until payment in full of the account to which the goods relate.
– Jobs under $500 – $1,000 will face a “minimum job charge fee”
– Concrete Grinding jobs will face a “minimum job charge fee” due to equipment hire. ($1,000 – $1,500 minimum)
– Late-night jobs or overnight work may have higher rates and increased charges.
– Customers must give Carpet Removal Sydney 5 days notice if intending to alter or cancel the date of their job. Failure to notify us will result in a $500 charge.
– Customers over 30km away from Brookvale will have to pay a $150 call out fee on quotes. Customers over 45km away from Dee Why will have to pay a $250 call out fee (Unless the quote is accepted by the customer on the same day and the job is started) this also includes small removal or installation jobs unless otherwise stated in an official quote given by Carpet Removal Sydney.
– Prices may vary slightly compared to what we advertise on our website. (Example: If we are removing 20 square meters of vinyl there may be additional charges due to how small the job is, otherwise there is no profit to be made from the job after paying labour, disposal of waste, etc).
– Some quotes will not be based off a square meter rate and instead will be based on: (Equipment hire costs + Equipment maintenance costs + GST + Business insurance costs + Labour costs + Disposal costs + Removal costs + Travel costs + Minimum charge costs, etc). Prices on our website should only be used as a guide on a rough estimate of how much your job is likely to cost. The reason for this is because if we have to travel 50KM to do 5 square meters of tile removal with furniture, the cost alone of: (Equipment hire + 2 Labourers to move furniture + Minimum charge fee for disposal at a disposal of waste centre + Petrol will be 5-10x higher than the cost of our per square meter rate). Larger jobs will receive a lower per square meter cost while smaller jobs will receive a higher per square meter cost because of these factors.
– Extras and accessories not included in the original quotation will also result in additional charges. (Such as, but not limited too: our team arriving at the job and there is furniture when the job has been quoted without furniture charges, as well as wardrobes or stairs that have not been added to the original quote will be charged to the customer)
– Jobs under 50 – 100 square meters (depending on what flooring system is being removed) may still be charged a disposal of waste charge otherwise there is no profit in the job as the cost to dispose of the waste and the price of the labour is higher than the profit of the job.
– Any estimate or quote given over the telephone, email, text when the site has not been inspected by our team is based on the assumption that the Customer has accurately measured the area which Carpet Removal Sydney is required to strip. Carpet Removal Sydney shall be entitled to treat any inaccurate measurements by the Customer as a variation and reserves the right to charge the Customer accordingly.
– If you fail to provide electricity for our team and we cannot work due to an unexpected outage, a generator overheating or not working you will be charged additional fee’s for the time that we cannot work.
– If you fail to provide us a safe work area free from physical or sexual harassment. We will walk off the job and charge you for the full invoice.
– If discussed in a quote that you need to provide a skip bin, generator etc and you fail to do so you will be charged additional fee’s.
– If we have to temporarily stop working due to on-site issues or requests by you, you will be charged additional fee’s.
– If we have to stop working on-site during work hours that you approved us to work in due to noise complaints, weather etc you will be charged additional fee’s.
– If you are responsible for transporting our equipment, machinery, and tools from one section of the worksite to another via forklift, crane, truck, etc and they break down causing delays in our work while you fix your forklift, crane, truck, etc you will be charged additional fee’s.
– Once a quote is finalized and accepted by the customer we cannot lower the price. If we arrive at the site and you have incorrectly measured how many square meters there are or have removed some your self we will not lower the price. Once a quote is locked in and accepted by the customer this price is not up for negotiation and must be paid by the customer. Some jobs are quicker than others and we do not pay our labourers an hourly rate, we pay them per job, so even if your job was completed faster or easier than you would have expected that does not mean you will receive a discount.
– Unexpected multi-layer flooring systems will result in additional charges (Example if we have quoted to remove 1 layer of vinyl over 100 sqm, but then we start the job only to realise that there are 3 layers of vinyl over 100 sqm than you will be charged for it if you want us to proceed). If you do not want to pay additional charges and do not want us to proceed with the job. A call-out fee charge will apply of $500 + Any charges for labour/machinery hire.
– Additional charges may be charged to the customer if the subfloor needs to be scrapped at $150 – $250 / per hour (This charge may be higher or lower depending on the severity of the scraping that is needed and how strong the glue is or how many staples/nails/screws there are. We will always try our hardest to achieve the best results possible for our clients, but several factors such as what glue was used and if it was diluted or not as well as on what subfloor it was laid on will depend on how much of the underlay can be removed.
– This also includes things like the removal of hundreds of staples or nails from a wooden floor. It should also be noted that we will always try our best to remove as much of the flooring system / underlay as physically possible without causing damage to your subfloor. but minor damage may occur (example scraping staples off floorboards may leave scratch marks that need to be sanded away). It should also be noted that we cannot guarantee results, we may only be able to get a percentage of it off, if a strong glue has been used. Which may result in you needing to hire a floor sander to finish removing the underlay/flooring system in areas that had too much glue for us to remove without causing serve damage to your floor.
– When removing Vinyl/Lino flooring systems our team will often need to use a “Powered Vinyl Stripping Machine” it should be noted that as Vinyl/Lino is glued to your floor when we use these machines or other scrapers and tools it may cause minor damage, scratches, etc to your floorboards. Luckily these can be removed by having your floorboards sanded & polished. If you ask our team to attempt to remove Vinyl/Lino “By Hand” or without the use of the required equipment then there may be additional charges.
– On all jobs unless otherwise stated Carpet Removal Sydney requires 10% – 30% deposit prior to the work commencing. If any job is cancelled once confirmed and booked, there will be a cancellation fee of $300 – $1,000 or 10% of the job value. Additional fees may also be included such as equipment hire costs that were non-refundable and already booked in for your job. Once your deposit is paid, they are non-refundable so please choose carefully before booking in your job and locking in a date.
– Stripping floors also involves substantial noise production and vibration. Carpet Removal Sydney recommends that surrounding neighbours are notified, especially where the site is located in an apartment complex or commercial premises. In some commercial premises, it is recommended that floors be stripped after hours, to minimise the risk that work may need to be suspended as a result of complaints from neighbouring retailers. In the event Carpet Removal Sydney is required to cease work for any reason for any period, including as a result of complaints from neighbours, Carpet Removal Sydney reserves the right to charge an hourly waiting charge, per person engaged to work on the floor. In certain circumstances, a minimum call-out fee will apply and equipment re hire fees may apply.
– All furniture and personal items should be removed from the area prior to our team arriving unless otherwise stated on the original order. Failure to do so will result in extra charges for moving the furniture while our team removes or installs your flooring system. Extras and accessories not included in the original quotation will also result in additional charges.
– Carpet Removal Sydney will only move/replace the furniture that is stated in the quote form that a customer cannot move such as large items like bookshelves, couches, tables, TVs, etc. (Please note: These large items should still be emptied of their contents to make them as light as possible for our staff to move.
– Always ensure the books have been taken out of the bookshelves, the draws out of a wardrobe, any crystal glassware out of the cabinet and disconnect all cables from electronics such as TVs. Electronics should always be disconnected to reduce the chance of any accidents happening such as tripping on a cable while it is being moved. It is not up to our staff to disconnect and reconnect your electrical appliances, no “Set-top boxes, Foxtel Boxes etc” should be left connected to the TVs as it will hinder our team from moving the TV unit).
– Otherwise, any extra heavy items or rooms not cleared properly for our staff will increase the furniture removal/replacing cost at the customer’s expense. Also, any accidental damage that was done to any items that should have been moved by the customer, our team cannot be held liable for. Small items like lamps, kids’ toys, glassware in display cabinets, photo frames, computer-related equipment on desks such as computer monitors, speakers or small objects on the floor will not be moved by our staff and should be cleared by the customer before the arrival of our team. Our team is only being paid to move large furniture related items, we are not being paid to disconnect your electrical devices such as computers on desks and TV’s from the wall or move small things such as lamps and decoration pieces, as an example, that the customer can easily move before our team arrives at the job).
Cancellations, Quote Changes, Notice Time, Strata, Stand Down Time, ETC
– If you request our workers to finish earlier than the work hours we set (example: we said we would need 9:00 am – 5:00 pm to finish the job) but you need to leave the job for an emergency or any other reasons (such as neighbours complaining about noise forcing us to stop working) and are requesting our workers to cease work and to come back on another day to finish the job there will be additional charges and fees. Such as a second-day labour fee and the cost of any tools needed to complete the job such as the cost to re-hire jackhammers and a truck.
– If you request our labourers to stop working for any reason during the work hours agreed, this will increase the time that your job will take. Due to that fact, it will increase our costs by paying our labourers as well as our equipment hire fees. Due to any unexpected “stand downtime” that you may request. These charges will be added to your invoice (These charges may include, a second day’s labour fee, a rehire of equipment fee, ETC).
– You are required by Strata Laws NSW to inform your strata and get approval before our team comes into your property to remove your magnesite flooring. This is not our responsibility. You will be charged a full call-out fee ($250), as well as a day’s labour fee and equipment, hire costs for your job if we are forced to stop work during the day from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM due to you not informing your local strata and/or neighbours. You should ALWAYS respect your strata and neighbours by informing them of when work will be commencing by giving them 7 days’ notice after approval. As well as putting up a notice on your notice board if strata haven’t for you already.
– If you book in our team for multiple services you must notify us 72 hours prior to your job starting of any changes.
(Example: If you wish to have your carpet removed and your kitchen flooring removed, but after accepting our quote to remove your carpet and kitchen flooring you decide to change your mind on removing your kitchen floor you MUST notify us 72 hours prior. Otherwise, you WILL be charged for the service for not giving us sufficient notice of cancellation.
– 72 hours notice for cancellation is important because: If we arrive at the site to do X and Y service and have we have brought 4 employees and machinery for X and Y service. But you decided to change your mind without letting us know and no longer want to do Y service. Then we must still charge you unless you give us sufficient notice otherwise, we will lose money on the job as we will have brought too many labourers and unneeded machinery for a service that you no longer needed but didn’t tell us about) No we cannot simply “Send home our workers without pay” or “Return the machinery we hired for your job” This is why you NEED to give us 72 hours notice prior to changing ANYTHING to do with your job.
– It is ALWAYS the customers responsibility when booking in our services to let everyone know that there will be loud noise. (This includes neighbours, strata, building managers/owners etc). Carpet Removal Sydney will not take ANY responsibility for noise complaints about the duration of our work.
– This is extremely important on every job as we will be using high powered jackhammers, concrete grinders, vinyl strippers etc. Demolition work will create a large amount of noise and if we are forced to stop work due to noise complaints because you failed to notify them then you will be charged a full days labour as well as any additional charges for things such as travel time, equipment hire costs etc.
– After our team has scraped your popcorn ceiling off it may still need to be sanded before you paint. This is not Carpet Removal Sydney’s duty to do the sanding, it is not included in the price and we do not offer the service. (Please note: most popcorn ceiling removal jobs do not require sanding after)
– Light fittings should be pre-removed prior to our arrival to allow us to remove all of the popcorn ceiling, otherwise we will only be able to get as close as we can to the fittings.
– We may need access to the switchboard to turn on/off the power to work safely around light fittings.
– We accept no responsibility for doors not closing or rubbing on the carpet surface. Customers must check for adequate clearance and/or remove doors prior to installation. Any costs resulting in assistance must be paid directly to the layer.
– Some cut pile carpets may exhibit an appearance change of random light and dark areas after installation. This is known as shading, pile reversal, pile crush or watermarking and is caused by movement in carpet fibre in different directions. Colour variations from samples to actual stock may exist, due to dye batch differences. The customer acknowledges that this does not indicate the floor coverings are defective and is not a manufacturing fault.
– Additional charges may be charged to the customer if the subfloor needs to be scrapped at $150 – $250 / per hour (This charge may be higher or lower depending on the severity of the scraping that is needed and how strong the glue is or how many staples there are. We will always try our hardest to achieve the best results possible for our clients, but several factors such as what glue was used and on what subfloor will depend on how much of the underlay can be removed. This also includes things like the removal of thousands of staples from a wooden floor.
– As some carpets are more visible than others all seams and join locations are placed at the discretion of Carpet Removal Sydney unless specially instructed.
– Whilst our suppliers use the best available techniques to minimize pattern distortion during manufacture, the extensible nature of textile products means that some distortion due to shrinkage or stretch is unavoidable, such that perfect pattern match cannot be guaranteed particularly over multiple width installations.
– If the carpet has a wall built over it you will face additional charges of up to $25 per square meter due to the carpet taking a lot longer to remove.
– Carpet Joins are a necessary part of every carpet installation. Some carpet weaves such as loop pile may be more noticeable. There also may be the appearance of a shade difference between carpet on either side of a join caused by light reflection. The customer acknowledges that these do not indicate an installation or manufacturing defect.
– Please note that some old properties have been laid with a rubber underlay on wooden floors. This can sometimes be so stuck down due to improper installation or it can be “Melted” to the floor. In these situations, there is nothing that our staff can do to make your floor flawless again. You will have to hire a floor sander to remove the remaining underlay.
– If a carpet removal job has been quoted as a “smooth-edged [$9/sqm] job” and upon inspecting/starting the job it is not smooth-edged and has been laid using a different method – Example: Commercially staple gunned [$17/sqm] or commercially glued [$25/sqm] than the original quote will be void and the job will result in extra charges.
Minor & Accidental Damage
– All care but no responsibility can be accepted for minor damage to decorations/paintwork, furniture, tiles, etc. No responsibility accepted for damage to telephone wires, computer cabling or stereo equipment relocation and/or reassembly. It is illegal to run power cables under the carpet.
– All care but no responsibility can be accepted for any damage to popcorn ceilings, poorly installed ceiling covers & light fittings, ETC in the unit below you while we are working. Unfortunately due to the vibrations of the jackhammers that are required to remove flooring systems such as tiles, magnesite, etc sometimes the ceiling beneath will get damaged. Carpet Removal Sydney cannot be held liable for any damage below or any cleaning needed due to demolition work done in the unit above. This is the responsibility of the client and their strata.
– All care but no responsibility can be accepted for minor damage to kickboards in your kitchen. Especially if the flooring system we are removing has been built under your kitchen as no matter how careful we are, minor damage is likely to occur if your kitchen has been built over the flooring system we are removing.
– The act of stripping the flooring may cause damage to the base or the sub-floor, where that sub-floor is inadequate for any reason. As a result, Carpet Removal Sydney may need to cease work until certain other works or repairs are carried out. Carpet Removal Sydney will not be liable for the cost of such repairs or additional works, or for any damage that is caused to the sub-floor as a result of inadequacies of any kind in the sub-floor.
– All care but no responsibility will be accepted for any damage to walls behind the scotia and skirting boards during the removal process by our team. There may be accidental damage while our team removes scotia or skirting boards from your property as often they have been incorrectly installed or not done by a professional, as well as having extremely long nails to hold them in to dry walls, while removing scotia and skirting boards from drywalls there will almost always be minor damage. If you have solid walls there will likely be no damage at all. Our team will always try as hard as we can to avoid any accidental damage at all costs. Carpet Removal Sydney is not liable for the damage.
– All care but no responsibility can be accepted for minor damage to decorations, paintwork, furniture, tiles, scotia, skirting boards, subfloors etc. No responsibility accepted for damage to telephone wires, computer cabling or stereo equipment relocation and/or reassembly, subfloors may accidentally get minor damage while we scrape thousands of staples, nails, tacks, glue, etc off them It is illegal to run power cables under the carpet. Carpet Removal Sydney is not liable for the damage.
– Our workers take every care to protect your property and belongings. When tiles meet tiles or timber flooring meets tiles, Carpet Removal Sydney cannot be held responsible in any form or any way for replacement or damage to timber and tiles, due to the large equipment that we use such as jackhammers and concrete grinders. We take all due care but accidents happen which are unpredictable. Often areas, where tiles meet other tiles can be incredibly hard to remove as the section of tiles not being removed, may be accidentally damaged due to vibrations from the jackhammer.
– Tiles are finicky and unpredictable, sometimes it just doesn’t matter how gentle you are with the surrounding tiles in the removal process, they could still just break. We take all care possible but we cannot be held liable for any damage to surrounding tiles during the removal process.
– When doing demolition work, it is important that our workplace is clear, other tradespeople are not in our way on-site or working in our area (which is especially important if you have people like painters there, which is strongly advised against…)
– Also when doing demolition work it is important to understand no matter how careful our team is minor damage could occur easily to things like walls, windows and even your ceiling due to a tiny piece of tile flying into your window for example while we are removing them with jackhammers. We always try our best to avoid this EVER happening, but when you are removing tiles 365 days of the year… it is eventually going to happen once.
– Fire alarms are not our duty to isolate on ALL jobs as we do not have the key to the fire alarm box or access to reach high fire alarms etc. PLEASE make sure that you isolate the fire alarms prior to our arrival as dust from the removal of concrete, magnesite etc will set off the fire alarms. If the fire alarms are set off and there is a fine it is not our duty to pay the fine if you failed to isolate the fire alarms. It should also be noted that all residents in the unit block should be aware that the fire alarms have been isolated.
– The customer MUST arrange for automatic and back-to-base smoke/fire alarms to be isolated prior to Carpet Removal Sydney commencing work and remain isolated for the duration of our work on-site (failing which the Client will be responsible for any call out and associated fees charged by emergency responders)
– If our team is booked in for a glued tile removal job and upon arrival to the job site the tiles have actually been laid with cement then the customer WILL face additional charges. We charge $25 Per SQM for removal of glued tiles and $48 Per SQM for removal of tiles with a cement bedding. (Please note: the $48 Per SQM price includes a cement bedding up to 10CM, If there is a cement bedding higher than 10CM there will be additional charges) – Example: If 50% of the job has a 10CM cement bedding and we quoted $48 Per SQM for the removal of the cement and tiles but halfway through the job find that the second half of the job has a 20CM cement bedding this will increase the cost of disposal of waste A LOT. Which will be passed onto the customer. Which may require them to order a second skip bin, a larger skip bin, or pay increased fee’s for our team to dispose of the extra waste.
– If a tile removal job has over a 10cm cement bedding you may face additional charges due to increased cost in labour and waste disposal.
– Tiles with a wire mesh cement underlay will face an additional charge of $10 per square metre to remove.
– Tiles that are attached to a wood subfloor will require a floor sander after we have removed the tiles. Unfortunately, floor sanding is not a service Carpet Removal Sydney offers so after we remove your tiles if you have a wood subfloor there maybe glue or cement/screed residue that you will need to sand off.
– Magnesite jobs can sometimes be fairly easy to remove and separate from the concrete slab. Unfortunately, though sometimes even after jackhammering off the magnesite topping, there can be “Magnesite Residue” left on your subfloor. If you wish to have this removed you will have to pay to have it ground off as this is not part of our contract to remove. We charge $10 – $60 per SQM to grind off any residue.
– Additional charges may be charged to the customer if the subfloor needs to be scrapped at $150 – $250 / per hour (This charge may be higher or lower depending on the severity of the scraping that is needed and how strong the glue is). We will always try our hardest to achieve the best results possible for our clients, but several factors such as what adhesive was used and how old it is will depend on how much of the residue can be removed. It is always recommended that you hire our “concrete grinding” services to remove magnesite residue over a scraping service. As we cannot guarantee a perfectly clean, ready slab with just hand scrapers.
– If you are paying us to remove a flooring system such as magnesite while you still currently have a flooring system installed such as carpet you must either remove it your self prior to our arrival or pay our team to remove it so that we can access the magnesite for removal. We will not remove your flooring system for free just because we are removing the magnesite. This includes all services.
– Concrete grinders can only grind up to 3mm of concrete off your slab without causing damage to the concrete and the machine. High powered commercial machinery such as Concrete mowers or Concrete planers is needed to level slabs as well as commercial lasers to map everything out. Carpet Removal Sydney does not use concrete mowers or concrete planers. We only use standard concrete grinders used to grind up to 3mm of concrete, mostly used to remove residues, glues, paint, epoxy, waterproofing, etc.
– If we quote to remove vinyl, lino, tiles, carpet, etc from your property that is glued to concrete we will then need to grind the concrete with a concrete grinder to remove the glue residue. THIS DOES NOT MEAN that we are going to level your concrete slab, we are simply removing the glue to allow the reinstallation of a new flooring system successfully.
– If your concrete slab is not level this may affect our ability to be able to successfully use the concrete grinder as it relies on a level surface to function correctly.
– You must provide us with sufficient power to use our equipment, concrete grinders, jackhammers, vinyl strippers, commercial vacuum’s, etc are all high powered equipment that will drain a lot of power from your home. If our team is removing tiles from your home and grinding the concrete, we will need to have the following equipment plugged in and running at the same time (Jackhammers, Concrete Grinder, Commercial Vacuum) as you can imagine that’s a lot for a residential home to be able to handle. Most properties can handle it, but some older properties with weaker power supplies may get “overloaded” and constantly shut off our equipment. If this happens it is the customers responsibility to hire and pay for a generator to allow us to continue working. Otherwise, the desired outcome from the job may not be what you expect (Example: if the concrete grinder isn’t getting sufficient power it won’t be grinding the concrete correctly so we may not be able to remove all the glue)
– Stripping floors usually produces a substantial amount of dust. Carpet Removal Sydney uses dust extraction units wherever reasonably possible and take care to vacuum the work area after the completion of work. Despite this, Carpet Removal Sydney cannot eliminate dust completely and it is the Customer’s responsibility to protect and clean areas, as necessary.
– It should be noted that jobs that create a large amount of dust such as concrete grinding, magnesite removal, tile removal, etc, will be cleaned up by our workers (IN THE WORKING AREA).
– If other area’s get affected with dust that we are not working in, such as the bathroom this is up to the client to clean. Other areas that are also hard to clean such as the roof, lights, windows, walls, furniture if on-site, mirrors are also up to the customer to clean. We are simply a removal team, not a cleaning team.
– We will remove and dispose of all waste (unless a skip bin is required) though and clean up by sweeping and vacuuming the floors that we worked on. We will often just do a simple vacuum of the floor after we have removed your flooring system or have grinded your floor. we are not an extensive cleaning team.
– Any and ALL additional cleaning costs are the client’s responsibility and not Carpet Removal Sydney’s. It is also recommended that you isolate areas that we are not working in to stop dust penetrating other areas.
– It is always recommended that you hire a professional cleaner after having any flooring system removed or concrete grinded etc. This is at the owner’s expense, not Carpet Removal Sydney’s.
– Please view our “cleaning services” page for more information on the limits of what our cleaning services provide.
Treatment Of Our Employee’s
– Abuse of our employees will never be tolerated, If you mistreat, verbally, physically abuse or threaten any staff member part of the Carpet Removal Sydney team attending your job site we will leave immediately without warning, without finishing the job. You will be forced legally as agreed to in these terms and conditions to pay the full cost of all equipment hired as well as a days labour for all workers regardless if the job is finished or not. Our employee’s or prospective employee has the right to be free from discrimination, verbal, physical abuse or being threatened while on a work site. This is especially important for jobs that involve loud machinery in a unit block as our team members will not put up with abuse from your neighbours if you failed to notify them and your strata committee.
Site Inductions & PPE Requirements
– If your job requires our employee’s to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) or if your job requires a site induction or any special licenses you MUST let us know 7 days before the job so that we can ensure everything is ready.
– Acceptance of our goods, services, and a quotation is an automatic acceptance of these terms and conditions.
– Individual Manufacturer’s warranty applies in accordance with consumer law.
– Any water pipe encased in a concrete slab must be at a minimum depth of 50mm as per Australian standards. Carpet Removal Sydney is not liable for damage to any pipes that do not meet this requirement.
– If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be invalid, void, illegal or unenforceable the validity, existence, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected, prejudiced or impaired.
– Carpet Removal Sydney may license or sub-contract all or any part of its rights and obligations without the Customer’s consent.
Job Completion, Client Inspections, Equipment Re-Hire Costs & Other Customer Responsibilities
– On completion of all jobs, it is essential that the client is present to do a “walk through” with the Carpet Removal Sydney team to inspect that the work done is completed to their standards. This is especially important for jobs that our team has hired equipment for (such as concrete grinding), because if we have to come back the next day for a touch-up, we will have to rehire equipment, which you will be charged for. So PLEASE inspect your job carefully on completion and ensure you are happy with the work you have received.
– It is the clients responsibility to ensure that the work is complete and that they are happy with the work that has been done on the day.
– Once the team has completed a job the client (or an appointed person) MUST be on-site to complete a “walk through” or “job completion inspection” for approval of the work – meaning the work was completed satisfactorily and that the client is happy with the outcome. If the client is not present on completion of the job the work will be deemed completed to the best standards and approved for invoice payment. Please organise a job completion inspection when you book in a job.
– All complaints should be discussed and dealt with immediately. DO NOT wait until after the team has left the property. If the team has “completed” the job and you are not happy with the work, you need to discuss this issue immediately with the on-site supervisor so that they can fix any issues or complaints that you may have. Once again, this is especially important for jobs that our team has hired equipment for because if we have to come back the next day for a touch-up, we will have to rehire equipment, which you will be charged for.
– It is always the customer’s responsibility to cover, protect and isolate all areas, surfaces and anything else prior to our teams arrival that is likely to get damaged or have dust effect the area. Carpet Removal Sydney cannot be held liable for any of the costs of cleaning needed or damage caused due to the customer failing to cover, protect and isolate all areas and surfaces that they require protection to. We recommend using plastic sheets, sticky tape etc if you do not want the areas to get affected by dust while our team performs services such as vinyl removal, magnesite removal, tile removal, concrete grinding, etc. it is also ALWAYS the customer’s responsibility to cover and isolate the fire alarms. any and all fines are NOT our responsibility if you fail to do so.
Not All Jobs Can Be Dust Free
When we are completely stripping out a flooring system substantial dust is produced from removing the floor as well as from grinding the screed or glue. This dust is still reduced by use of our high powered commercial vacuum systems, also known as “dust extractors” but unfortunately small dust is still produced and cannot be completely eliminated.
It should also be noted that certain equipment such as concrete grinders NEED dust to work correctly. (Although over 90% of it is sucked up by a dust extractor that is plugged directly into the concrete grinder) but around 10% of the dust still escapes, this is intentionally designed like that as the concrete grinder needs dust under the diamond stones to grind your concrete without damaging your concrete or our machine.
Carpet Removal Sydney has high powered machinery for floor stripping and dust removal, these machines require a large amount of electrical power, some houses & units with old electrical wiring & fuses have minimal power outputs that are not capable of running all of our equipment at the same time, this may prevent us from use dust extraction equipment in some scenarios.
Floors Under A Built Over Kitchen
– All care but no responsibility will be accepted for any unexpected damage to your kitchen if we are attempting to remove a flooring system that has been installed under your kitchen.
– It should be noted that we will try our hardest to remove as much of the flooring system as physically possible. but in some instances, it just may not be possible without stripping out your kitchen (Carpet Removal Sydney is not liable for this cost)
– If you have requested our team to remove a flooring system that is underneath a “built over kitchen” there may be additional charges due the increased difficulty and time that it will take. It should also be noted that we cannot guarantee a 100% successful removal of a flooring system if your kitchen has been built over it. Sometimes the only option is to simply demolish the kitchen if you want to remove a flooring system from underneath it.
– It should be noted that “Kickboards” may have to be removed for us to attempt to remove the flooring system from underneath your kitchen. Which will most likely damage the kickboards which means you will need to replace them (Carpet Removal Sydney is not liable for the cost to replace your kickboards)