Terms And Conditions
By accessing, visiting, browsing, using, or attempting to interact with any part of this website, or other Carpet Removal Sydney websites or any of Carpet Removal Sydney’s licensee’s services or software or hiring any of our employee’s to do a job for you. (collectively “Services”), you agree that you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by this agreement. If you do not agree to be bound by this agreement, please do not access or use any part of this website or hire any of our employees to commence work or to do any service for you or your business and/or home.
As soon as a quote is finalized and you have agreed to hire our team to do a service for you, you agree that you have read, understand and you are automatically agreeing to be legally bound by this agreement
Carpet Removal Sydney reserves the right, from time to time, with or without notice to you, to make changes to this agreement in Carpet Removal Sydney sole discretion. Continued use of any part of this website constitutes your acceptance of such changes. The most current version of this agreement, which supersedes all previous versions, can be reviewed by clicking on the “View Our T&C’s” hyperlink located at the bottom of each page on the Carpet Removal Sydney website.
Access to this site
To access this website or some of the resources it offers, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. It is a condition of your use of this website that all the information you provide on this website will be correct, current, and complete. If Carpet Removal Sydney believes the information you provide is not correct, current, or complete, Carpet Removal Sydney has the right to refuse you access to this website or any of its resources and to terminate or suspend your access at any time.
Restriction on use
You may use this website for purposes expressly permitted by this site. As a condition of your use of Carpet Removal Sydney’s website, you warrant to Carpet Removal Sydney that you will not use the website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. For example, you may not (and may not authorise any party to):
(a) co-brand this website; or
(b) frame this website; or
(c) hyperlink to this website, without the express prior written permission of an authorised representative of Carpet Removal Sydney.
You agree to cooperate with Carpet Removal Sydney in causing any unauthorised co-branding, framing, or hyper-linking immediately to cease. In addition, you may not use this website in any manner which could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the website or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the website. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, content, or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the website.
Personal and non-commercial use limitations
This website is for your personal and non-commercial use unless otherwise specified. You may not use this website for any other purpose, including any commercial purpose, without Carpet Removal Sydney’s express prior written consent. You may not modify, copy, distribute, display, send, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, content, software, products, or services obtained from or otherwise connected to this website.
The material and content accessible from this website, and any other website owned, operated, licensed, or otherwise controlled by Carpet Removal Sydney (the “Content”) is the proprietary information of Carpet Removal Sydney or the party that provided or licensed the Content to Carpet Removal Sydney, whereby such providing party retains all right, title, and interest in the Content.
Accordingly, the Content may not be copied, distributed, republished, uploaded, posted, or transmitted in any way without the prior written consent of Carpet Removal Sydney, except that you may print out a copy of the Content solely for your personal use. In doing so, you may not remove or alter, or cause to be removed or altered, any copyright, trademark, trade name, service mark, or any other proprietary notice or legend appearing on any of the Content.
This website may be hyperlinked to other sites that are not maintained by, or related to, Carpet Removal Sydney. Hyperlinks to such websites are provided as a service to users and are not sponsored by or affiliated with this website or Carpet Removal Sydney. Carpet Removal Sydney has not reviewed any or all of such websites and is not responsible for the content of those websites. Carpet Removal Sydney is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any hyperlinked site.
Hyperlinks are to be accessed at the user’s own risk, and Carpet Removal Sydney makes no representations or warranties about the content, completeness, or accuracy of these hyperlinks or the websites hyperlinked to this website. Carpet Removal Sydney provides hyperlinks as a convenience, and the inclusion of any hyperlink to a third-party website does not necessarily imply endorsement by Carpet Removal Sydney of that website or any association with its operators.
Use of communication services
Carpet Removal Sydney’s websites may contain forums, bulletin board services, chat areas, message boards, newsgroups, communities, personal web pages, calendars, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to allow you to communicate with the Internet community or with a group (collectively, “Communications Services”). You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and content that are proper and related to the particular Communication Service.
Among other actions, when using a Communication Service, you agree that you will not post, send, submit, publish, or transmit in connection with this website any material that:
– You do not have the right to post, including proprietary material of any third party, such as files containing software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity);
– Advocates illegal activity or discusses an intent to commit an illegal act;
– Is vulgar, obscene, pornographic, or indecent;
– Does not pertain directly to this website;
– Threatens or abuses others, libels, defames, invades privacy, stalks, is obscene, pornographic, racist, abusive, harassing, threatening, or offensive;
– Seeks to exploit or harm children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details, or otherwise;
– Harvests or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
– Violates any law or may be considered to violate any law;
– Impersonates or misrepresents your connection to any other entity or person or otherwise manipulates headers or identifiers to disguise the origin of the content;
– Falsifies or deletes any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
– Advertises any commercial endeavour (eg offering for sale products or services) or otherwise engages in any commercial activity (eg conducting raffles or contests, displaying sponsorship banners, and/or soliciting goods or services) except as may be specifically authorised on this website;
– Solicits funds, advertisers, or sponsors;
– Includes programs that contain viruses, worms, and/or Trojan or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications;
– Disrupts the normal flow of dialogue, causes a screen to scroll faster than other users are able to type, or otherwise act in a way that affects the ability of other people to engage in real-time activities via this website;
– Includes MP3 format files;
– Amounts to a “pyramid” or other like scheme, including contests, chain letters, and surveys;
– Disobeys any policy or regulations including any code of conduct or other guidelines, established from time to time regarding the use of this website or any networks connected to this website; or
– Contains hyperlinks to other websites that contain content that falls within the descriptions outlined above.
Notwithstanding these rights, you remain solely responsible for the content of your submissions. You acknowledge and agree that neither Carpet Removal Sydney nor any third party that provides Content to Carpet Removal Sydney will assume or have any liability for any action or inaction by Carpet Removal Sydney or such third party with respect to any submission.
Carpet Removal Sydney cautions you against giving out any personally identifying information about yourself or your children in any Communication Service. Carpet Removal Sydney does not control or endorse the content, messages, or information found in any Communication Service and, consequently, Carpet Removal Sydney specifically disclaims any liability with respect to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Service. Commentators and hosts are not authorised Carpet Removal Sydney spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of Carpet Removal Sydney.
You hereby grant to Carpet Removal Sydney the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display all content, remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, or other information communicated to Carpet Removal Sydney through this website (together, the “Submission”), and to incorporate any Submission in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. Carpet Removal Sydney will not be required to treat any Submission as confidential, and may use any Submission in its business (including without limitation, for products or advertising) without incurring any liability for royalties or any other consideration of any kind, and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities that may appear in future Carpet Removal Sydney operations.
You understand that Carpet Removal Sydney cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Internet will be free of viruses, worms, trojans, or other code that may manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to this website for any reconstruction of any lost data. Carpet Removal Sydney does not assume any responsibility or risk for your use of the Internet.
The Content is not necessarily complete and up-to-date and should not be used to replace any reports, statements, or notices provided by Carpet Removal Sydney relevant to such Content.
Your use of this website is at your own risk. The content is provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. Carpet Removal Sydney disclaims all warranties, including any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, or non-infringement. Carpet Removal Sydney does not warrant that the functions or content contained in this website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this website or the server that makes it available is free of viruses or other harmful components. Carpet Removal Sydney does not warrant or make any representation regarding the use, or the result of use, of the content in terms of accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. The content may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and Carpet Removal Sydney may make changes or improvements at any time. You, and not Carpet Removal Sydney, assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair, or correction in the event of any loss or damage arising from the use of this website or its content. Carpet Removal Sydney makes no warranties that your use of the content will not infringe the rights of others and assumes no liability or responsibility for errors or omissions in such content.
All of the information on this website, whether historical in nature or forward-looking, speaks only as of the date the information is posted on this website, and Carpet Removal Sydney does not undertake any obligation to update such information after it is posted or to remove such information from this website if it is not, or is no longer accurate or complete.
Limitation on liability
Carpet Removal Sydney, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, service providers, content providers, employees, agents, officers, and directors will not be liable for any incidental, direct, indirect, punitive, actual, consequential, special, exemplary, or other damages, including loss of revenue or income, pain, and suffering, emotional distress, or similar damages, even if Carpet Removal Sydney has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will the collective liability of Carpet Removal Sydney and its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, service providers, content providers, employees, agents, officers, and directors to any party (regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) exceed the amount you have paid directly to Carpet Removal Sydney for the applicable content or service out of which liability arose.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the information on this Site, neither Carpet Removal Sydney nor any of its officers, employees, or agents accept any responsibility or liability for any loss occasioned by a person relying on the information or statements contained on it.
Termination or restriction of access
Carpet Removal Sydney reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to any or all of Carpet Removal Sydney’s websites and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice.
Compliance In Australia Regarding Call Recording
A business or organisation using call recording technology in Australia must tell you at the beginning of the conversation that the conversation will be recorded so the person has the choice to either:
- End the call, or
- Ask the other party engaged in call recording to stop the call recording or to be transferred to another line where monitoring or recording does not take place (if this is available), At Carpet Removal Sydney, you will not be sent to “another line” the call will simply be ended
You agree that the Indemnified Parties will have no liability in connection with any such breach or unauthorized use, and you agree to indemnify any and all resulting loss, damages, judgments, awards, costs, expenses, and attorneys’ fees of the Indemnified Parties in connection therewith. You will also indemnify and hold the Indemnified Parties harmless from and against any claims brought by third parties arising out of your use of the information accessed from this website.
Trademarks and copyrights
Trademarks, service marks, logos, and copyrighted works appearing on this website are the property of Carpet Removal Sydney or the party that provided the trademarks, services marks, logos, and copyrighted works to Carpet Removal Sydney. Carpet Removal Sydney and any party that provided trademarks, service marks, logos, and copyrighted works to Carpet Removal Sydney retain all rights with respect to any of their respective trademarks, service marks, logos, and copyrighted works appearing on this site.
All contents of Carpet Removal Sydney’s websites are Copyright © 2021 Carpet Removal Sydney. All rights reserved.
Any passwords used for this website are for individual use only. You will be responsible for the security of your password (if any). Carpet Removal Sydney will be entitled to monitor your password and, at its discretion, require you to change it. If you use a password that Carpet Removal Sydney considers insecure, Carpet Removal Sydney will be entitled to require the password to be changed.
You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Carpet Removal Sydney as a result of this agreement or use of Carpet Removal Sydney’s website.
A printed version of such documents and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to the agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, any additional terms and conditions on this website will govern any additional items to which they pertain.
Payment, Pricing & Payment Terms
– Call Out Fee: Jobs over 40KM away from Carpet Removal Sydney may have to pay a $300 call out fee (Depending on the size of your job, sometimes we will waive the call-out fee)
– Call Out Fee: Jobs over 70KM away from Carpet Removal Sydney may have to pay a $450 call out fee (Depending on the size of your job, sometimes we will waive the call-out fee)
– Call Out Fee: Jobs over 95KM away from Carpet Removal Sydney may have to pay a $600 call out fee (Depending on the size of your job, sometimes we will waive the call-out fee)
– Certain demolition services such as tile removal, skirting board removal, hand grinding, concrete grinding, etc. may face additional charges if in restricted areas such as balconies due to increased labour time.
– The Customer shall not be entitled to set off against, or deduct from the price, any sums owed or claimed to be owed to the Customer by Carpet Removal Sydney nor to withhold payment of any invoice because part of that invoice is in dispute.
– Carpet Removal Sydney reserves the right to change the Price in the event of a variation to Carpet Removal Sydney’s quotation. Any variation from the plan of scheduled Services or specifications (including, but not limited to, any variation as a result of increases to Carpet Removal Sydney in the cost of materials and labour) will be charged for on the basis of Carpet Removal Sydney’s quotation and will be shown as variations on the invoice. Payment for all variations must be made in full at the time of completion.
– At Carpet Removal Sydney’s sole discretion a non-refundable deposit may be required prior to your job starting, if the deposit is not received Carpet Removal Sydney reserves the right to not start your job. Carpet Removal Sydney may request a deposit of up to 10% (We rarely ask for a deposit, this is mostly for large jobs & commercial work when the total invoice exceeds $5,000).
– Progress Payments will be required for large commercial jobs. These progress payments must be paid upon completion of each stage of work outlined in the quote before the next stage is started, otherwise, Carpet Removal Sydney reserves the right to not start the next stage of work. If Carpet Removal Sydney does not receive a payment within (7) Seven days, late payment fees will start, after (4) four weeks, debt collection agencies will take place to recover the debt on behalf of Carpet Removal Sydney and the project will be closed off.
– The total balance of your invoice must be paid upon the day of completion of your job unless otherwise stated on your quote. Otherwise, late payment fees will apply within (7) seven days of your job, after (4) four weeks of late payment fees, debt collection agencies will take place to recover the debt on behalf of Carpet Removal Sydney.
– If you have been given a (30) thirty-day account to pay your invoice and fail to pay your invoice after the (30) thirty day period, late payment fees will apply within the (1st) first day missed, as well as every (7) seven days after that you do not pay your invoice. After (4) four weeks of late payment fees, debt collection agencies will take place to recover the debt on behalf of Carpet Removal Sydney.
– The Customer acknowledges that Carpet Removal Sydney is unable to ascertain the quality or type of subfloor or base underneath the flooring pertaining to the Services. As a result, in the event Carpet Removal Sydney finds that there is more than one layer of flooring to be removed, the original quoted price shall be subject to a variation. Further, the customer shall be liable for the actual cost of removing the flooring and any additional layers. Carpet Removal Sydney will make all reasonable attempts to obtain the customer’s approval before proceeding once it is ascertained that the quoted price will be exceeded.
– If payment is made via credit card or PayPal there may be a 2.6% surcharge added.
– Carpet and flooring removal jobs under $1,100 will face a “minimum job charge fee” of $1,000 (Including GST) – This may or may not include disposal of waste
For more information on our minimum job charge please visit:
– Payment in full is required on the date of completion. If the payment does not get paid in full within seven (7) days of completion of the job. The customer will have to pay a late payment fee of $250 / per week if the payment is late. If this goes on for longer than four (4) weeks the bill will be sent to a debt collector to be dealt with.
– Any account outstanding for more than 7 days will be liable to meet the cost of debt recovery action, legal and/or commissions, and accounting charges. Such recovery charges will be added to the buyer’s account and form part of the principal debt.
– Customers must give Carpet Removal Sydney 5 days’ notice if intending to alter or cancel the date of their job. Failure to notify us will result in a $250 charge.
– Prices may vary slightly compared to what we advertise on our website. (Example: If we are grinding 20 square meters of concrete there may be additional charges or a minimum charge fee due to how small the job is, otherwise there is no profit to be made from the job after paying labour, disposal of waste, tax, GST, Insurances, advertising, etc).
For more information on our minimum job charge please visit:
– Extras and accessories not included in the original quotation will also result in additional charges. (Such as, but not limited to: our team arriving at the job and there is furniture when the job has been quoted without furniture charges, as well as wardrobes or stairs that need to be removed or concrete that needs to be ground that has not been added to the original quote will result in extra charges to the customer). Extras and accessories not included in the original quotation will also result in additional charges.
– Any estimate or quote given over the telephone, email, text when the site has not been inspected/measured by our team is based on the assumption that the Customer has accurately measured the area which Carpet Removal Sydney is required to strip. Carpet Removal Sydney shall be entitled to treat any inaccurate measurements by the Customer as a variation and reserves the right to charge the Customer accordingly.
– If you fail to provide electricity for our team and we cannot work due to an unexpected outage, a generator overheating, or not working you will be charged additional fees for the time that we cannot work.
– If discussed in a quote that you need to provide a skip bin, generator, etc and you fail to do so you will be charged additional fees.
– If we have to temporarily stop working due to on-site issues or requests by you, you will be charged additional fees.
– If we have to stop working on-site during work hours that you approved us to work in due to noise complaints, weather, etc you will be charged additional fees.
– If you are responsible for transporting our equipment, machinery, and tools from one section of the worksite to another via forklift, crane, truck, etc and they break down causing delays in our work while you fix your forklift, crane, truck, etc you will be charged additional fees.
– Once a quote is finalized and accepted by the customer we cannot lower the price. If we arrive at the site and you have incorrectly measured how many square meters there are or have removed some yourself we will not lower the price. Once a quote is locked in and accepted by the customer this price is not up for negotiation and must be paid by the customer. Some jobs are quicker than others and we do not pay our labourers an hourly rate, we pay them per job, so even if your job was completed faster or easier than you would have expected that does not mean you will receive a discount.
– Unexpected multi-layer flooring systems will result in additional charges (For example if we have quoted to remove 1 layer of vinyl, but once we start the job we realise that there are 2 or 3 layers of vinyl. Then, unfortunately, you will face additional charges to remove the additional layers and to dispose of the additional waste). If you do not want to pay the additional charges and do not want our team to proceed with the job after the unexpected multi-layer flooring system has been revealed. A call-out fee charge will apply of $500 + a full day’s charges for labour and any machinery hired. Similar situations may include but are not limited to (Tiles that have unexpected underlay such as masonite, chipboard, asbestos glues. Or parquet floorboards that may also have masonite and chipboard underlays underneath them)
– Additional charges may be charged to the customer if the subfloor needs to be scrapped at $150 / per hour (This charge may be higher or lower depending on the severity of the scraping that is needed and how strong the glue is or how many staples/nails/screws there are. We will always try our hardest to achieve the best results possible for our clients, but several factors such as what we are scraping and off what subfloor will be the deciding factor in how much can be removed.
– This also includes things like the removal of hundreds of staples or nails from a wooden floor. It should also be noted that we will always try our best to remove as much of the flooring system/underlay as physically possible without causing damage to your subfloor. but minor damage may occur (for example scraping staples off floorboards may leave scratch marks that need to be sanded away). It should also be noted that we cannot guarantee results, we may only be able to get a percentage of it off if a strong glue has been used. This may result in you needing to hire a floor sander to finish removing the underlay/flooring system in areas that had too much glue for us to remove without causing severe damage to your floor.
– All furniture and personal items should be removed from the area prior to our team arriving unless otherwise stated on the original order. Failure to do so will result in extra charges for moving the furniture while our team removes your flooring system. Extras and accessories not included in the original quotation will also result in additional charges.
– Carpet Removal Sydney will only move/replace the furniture that is stated in the quote form that a customer cannot move such as large items like bookshelves, couches, tables, TVs, etc. (Please note: These large items should still be emptied of their contents to make them as light as possible for our staff to move.
– Always ensure the books have been taken out of the bookshelves, the draws out of a wardrobe, any crystal glassware out of the cabinet and disconnect all cables from electronics such as TVs. Electronics should always be disconnected to reduce the chance of any accidents happening such as tripping on a cable while it is being moved. It is not up to our staff to disconnect and reconnect your electrical appliances, no “Set-top boxes, Foxtel Boxes, etc.” should be left connected to the TVs as it will hinder our team from moving the TV unit).
– Otherwise, any extra heavy items or rooms not cleared properly for our staff will increase the furniture removal/replacing cost at the customer’s expense. Also, any accidental damage that was done to any items that should have been moved by the customer, our team cannot be held liable for. Small items like lamps, kids’ toys, glassware in display cabinets, photo frames, computer-related equipment on desks such as computer monitors, speakers, or small objects on the floor will not be moved by our staff and should be cleared by the customer before the arrival of our team. Our team is only being paid to move large furniture related items, we are not being paid to disconnect your electrical devices such as computers on desks and TVs from the wall or move small things such as lamps and decoration pieces, as an example, that the customer can easily move before our team arrives at the job).
Cancellations, Quote Changes, Notice Time, Strata, Stand Down Time, Labour Hire, ETC
– If you request our workers to finish earlier than the work hours we set (for example we said we would need 7:30 am – 5:30 pm to finish the job) but you need to leave the job for an emergency or any other reasons (such as neighbours complaining about noise forcing us to stop working) and are requesting our workers to cease work and to come back on another day to finish the job there will be additional charges and fees. Such as a second-day labour fee and the cost of any tools needed to complete the job such as the cost to re-hire jackhammers and a truck.
– If we arrive at the site and the customer cancels their job due to unexpected circumstances the customer will be charged a $300 charge per labourer that was heading to the site or is on-site.
– If you request our labourers to stop working for any reason during the work hours agreed, this will increase the time that your job will take. Due to that fact, it will increase our costs by paying our labourers as well as our equipment hire fees. Due to any unexpected “stand downtime” that you may request. These charges will be added to your invoice (These charges may include, a second day’s labour fee, a rehire of equipment fee, ETC).
– If our labourers have to stop working on-site during work hours that you approved us to work in due to noise complaints, weather, etc. You will be charged stand downtime fees @ $45/per hour (per labourer on-site)
– You are required by Strata Laws NSW to inform your strata and get approval before our team comes into your property to remove your flooring or to do any concrete grinding service. This is not our responsibility. You will be charged a full call-out fee ($250), as well as a full day’s labour fee (per Labourer on-site and any equipment hire costs for your job if we are forced to stop work during the day from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM due to you not informing your local strata and/or neighbors. You should ALWAYS respect your strata and neighbours by informing them of when work will be commencing by giving them 7 days’ notice after approval. As well as putting up a notice on your notice board if strata haven’t for you already. Additional charges and fees will apply to your work order for our labourers to come out to your job on a new day to ensure profit margins are met.
– It is ALWAYS the customer’s responsibility when booking our services to let EVERYONE know that there will be LOUD NOISE throughout the day. (This includes neighbours, strata, building managers/owners, etc.) Carpet Removal Sydney will not take ANY responsibility for noise complaints about the duration of our work. This is extremely important on every job as we will be using high-powered jackhammers, concrete grinders, vinyl strippers, etc. Demolition work will create a large amount of noise and if we are forced to stop work due to noise complaints because you failed to notify them then you will be charged a full day’s labour as well as any additional charges for things such as travel time, equipment hire costs, etc.
– Whilst the Labourer remains an employee of Carpet Removal Sydney they shall perform the Services in accordance with the Customer’s instructions. As such Carpet Removal Sydney shall not be liable for any actions of the Labourer in following the Customer’s instructions.
For more information on strata rules and your obligations to follow them please visit:
Minor & Accidental Damage
– Ensure your Carpet Removal Sydney crew has free access to the work area. You must remove all furniture & appliances from your floor area & benchtops. All reasonable care will be taken but we will not be liable for damage to any items left in or around the work area (This includes things such as fridges, dishwashing machines, etc.)
– The client must put up some form of strong protection against any glass that our team is working nearby while removing flooring systems such as tiles. As there is a small chance that small fragments of the tiles could potentially not be sucked up by our commercial dust extraction units and cause potential damage to nearby glass that we are working near. To prevent this the client MUST put up strong temporary protection such as chipboard/masonite/plywood sheeting which can be purchased from a place like Bunnings and installed up against the glass with painters tape to protect any potential accidental damage as small fragments of tiles may chip or even shatter the glass that is not sucked up by our dust extractors that are connected to our jackhammers. This includes but is not limited to (doors, windows, sliding doors, picture frames, wall-mounted TVs, lights, or anything else in your work-site that is glass that may be potentially damaged by small fragments of a shattered flooring system escaping our dust extraction units) Our team will always try as hard as we can to avoid any accidental damage at all costs. Carpet Removal Sydney is not liable for the damage by you failing to do so.
– The condition of your concrete slab after the flooring removal process will depend on the original slab condition before the flooring was laid and how hard or soft your slab is. If you have a soft slab there may be holes/grooves and marks from removing your flooring. Any repairs to the subfloor are the responsibility of the client. (This is due to the “MPA STRENGTH” of your concrete slab, every slab has a different MPA STRENGTH, which means when our jackhammer blade hits your concrete slab, if your concrete slab has a HIGH MPA STRENGTH it will NOT dent your slab, if your slab was poured poorly and did not cure well, it will have a LOW MPA STRENGTH, causing dents to occur when our jackhammer blade hits your concrete slab) Carpet Removal Sydney will not be liable for this damage as it is impossible for us to predict or prevent.
– The condition of your concrete slab after the flooring removal process will depend on the original slab condition before the flooring was laid and how hard or soft your slab is. If you have a soft slab there may be holes/grooves and marks from removing your flooring. Any repairs to the sub-floor are the responsibility of the client.
– The final condition of a timber/wooden subfloor after flooring removal depends on how well the flooring is stuck down and the actual condition of the subfloor. Timber subfloors will be damaged and marked by the removal of nails and glue. All care is taken during the removal process, however, marks and scratches to the timber subfloor can not be avoided in some areas. If the subfloor is pine or chipboard, there may be major damage and holes to the subfloor as a result of removing directly stuck down flooring. Any repairs required to the subfloor are the responsibility of the client.
– The final condition of a timber/wooden subfloor after a flooring system depends on how well the flooring system was installed, how long it has been installed for and the actual condition of the subfloor underneath it. Timber subfloors may be damaged and marked by the removal process. All care is taken during the removal process, however, marks and scratches, accidental damage to the timber subfloor, replacement of planks to your subfloor can not be avoided in some areas. If the subfloor, there may be major damage and holes to the subfloor as a result of removing flooring systems. Any repairs required to the subfloor are the responsibility of the client.
– All care but no responsibility can be accepted for minor damage to decorations, paintwork, furniture, tiles, etc. No responsibility is accepted for damage to telephone wires, computer cabling, or stereo equipment relocation and/or reassembly. It is illegal to run power cables under the carpet.
– Pipes may be embedded in your concrete slab. However, the slab thickness must be increased by 25mm (This is the Australian standard) and the mesh increased to the next size up. (Reference: “Pipes Under Slabs“) If a pipe is NOT 25mm deep in your concrete slab, it is most likely “old pipework” from around the 1920 – 1980s, Carpet Removal Sydney will not be held liable for any old pipework that is accidentally “struck, hit, ground, broken, etc) by any of our tools, if it did not meet the Australian guidelines of being 25mm deep in your concrete slab. As this would have been impossible for us to predict or prevent. Therefore Carpet Removal Sydney will not be liable for any accidental damage that may occur.
– Electrical Cables may be embedded in your concrete slab. However, the slab thickness must be increased by 50mm (This is the Australian standard) (Reference: “Electrical Cables Under Slabs“) If an electrical cable is NOT 50mm deep in your concrete slab, it is most likely an “old electrical cable” from around the 1920 – 1980s, Carpet Removal Sydney will not be held liable for any old electrical cable work that is accidentally “struck, hit, ground, broken, etc) by any of our tools, if it did not meet the Australian guidelines of being 50mm deep in your concrete slab. As this would have been impossible for us to predict or prevent. Therefore Carpet Removal Sydney will not be liable for any accidental damage that may occur.
– The act of stripping the flooring may cause damage to the base or the subfloor, where that subfloor is inadequate for any reason. As a result, Carpet Removal Sydney may need to cease work until certain other works or repairs are carried out. Carpet Removal Sydney will not be liable for the cost of such repairs or additional works, or for any damage that is caused to the subfloor as a result of inadequacies of any kind in the subfloor.
– All care but no responsibility will be accepted for any damage to walls behind the scotia and skirting boards during the removal process by our team. There may be accidental damage while our team removes scotia or skirting boards from your property as often they have been incorrectly installed or not done by a professional, as well as having extremely long nails to hold them in to dry walls while removing scotia and skirting boards from drywalls there will almost always be minor damage. If you have solid walls there will likely be less damage. Our team will always try as hard as we can to avoid any accidental damage at all costs. Carpet Removal Sydney is not liable for the damage.
– All care but no responsibility can be accepted for minor damage to subfloors. Subfloors may accidentally get minor damage while we scrape thousands of staples, nails, tacks, glue, etc off them, or just simply while we remove tiles off fragile old floorboards that are decades old.
– We cannot guarantee what your concrete slab condition will be after any of our flooring removal services. Your concrete subfloor condition will depend on the original slab condition before the flooring was laid and how hard or soft your slab is. If you have a soft slab there may be holes/grooves and marks from removing your flooring. Any repairs to the subfloor will be at the owner’s expense and Carpet Removal Sydney will not be liable.
– Our workers do everything they can to protect your property, belongings, and home at all times. When tiles meet tiles or timber flooring meets tiles, Carpet Removal Sydney cannot be held responsible in any form or any way for replacement or damage to timber and tiles, due to the large equipment that we use such as jackhammers and concrete grinders. We take all due care but accidents happen which are unpredictable. Often areas, where tiles meet other tiles can be incredibly hard to remove as the section of tiles not being removed, may be accidentally damaged due to vibrations from the jackhammer even if we don’t touch it and stay clear of it as the glue/cement is often decades old and the vibrations will disturb it.
– Tiles are finicky and unpredictable, sometimes it just doesn’t matter how gentle you are with the surrounding tiles in the removal process, they could still just break. We take all care possible but we cannot be held liable for any damage to surrounding tiles during the removal process.
– When doing demolition work, it is important that our workplace is clear, other tradespeople are not in our way on-site or working in our area, we REFUSE to work while ANY other tradespeople are on-site. (For example, if they even plugin one simple tool, it may blow the circuit, causing all of our tools to become unusable) or (it’s also especially important if you have people like painters/plasterers there because all tiny amounts of dust that do escape the dust extractor will get stuck to it, then you will have to remove the paint and re-do it.) Anytime a “Trades Person” is on-site we will charge you “STAND DOWNTIME” for ALL team members on-site (Please view below in our terms and conditions for the costs of our “Stand Down Time”)
– Due to magnesite flooring, concrete cancer forms throughout the concrete slab destroying the structural integrity of the concrete slab over decades and decades. While we are removing your magnesite flooring with jackhammers although all care is always taken, vibrations may accidentally disturb it which can result in unexpected damage to the floor of the unit’s concrete slab or even the roof of the unit’s concrete slab beneath due to structural damage in the concrete slab due to vibrations from the jackhammer. This is impossible to predict and impossible to avoid, although extremely rarely happens.
– Any accidental damage caused on-site is generally automatically reported to the CEO of the company so that we can evaluate the situation and see if a quote for “minor repairs” needs to be taken out, if this is the case, we will get a quote from three (3) separate companies to quote the “minor repairs” If any accidental damage that was caused on-site it must be reported to the CEO of the company via 0424 408 330 or email@example.com within three (3) working days.
– Any accidental damage caused on-site is generally automatically reported to the CEO of the company so that we can evaluate the situation and see if we need to make an insurance claim for any “major repairs” that needs to be taken out, If this is the case any accidental damage that was caused on-site it must be reported to the CEO of the company via 0424 408 330 or firstname.lastname@example.org within three (3) working days.
– The Customer shall inspect the Services on completion of their job and shall within two (2) days of completion (time being of the essence) notify Carpet Removal Sydney of any alleged defect, shortage in quantity, damage, or failure to comply with the description or quotation. The Customer shall afford Carpet Removal Sydney an opportunity to inspect the Services within a reasonable time following completion if the Customer believes the Services are defective in any way. If the Customer shall fail to comply with these provisions the Services shall be presumed to be free from any defect or damage. For defective Services, which Carpet Removal Sydney has agreed in writing that the Customer is entitled to reject, Carpet Removal Sydney liability is limited to rectifying the Services except where the Customer has acquired Services as a consumer within the meaning of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (CWlth) or the Fair Trading Acts of the relevant state or territories of Australia and is therefore also entitled to, at the consumer’s discretion either a refund of the purchase price of the Services or rectification of the Services.
– Fire alarms are not our duty to isolate on ALL jobs as we do not have the key to the fire alarm box or access to reach high fire alarms etc. PLEASE make sure that you isolate the fire alarms prior to our arrival as dust from the removal of concrete, magnesite, etc will set off the fire alarms. If the fire alarms are set off and there is a fine it is not our duty to pay the fine if you failed to isolate the fire alarms. It should also be noted that all residents in the unit block should be aware that the fire alarms have been isolated.
– The customer MUST arrange for automatic and back-to-base smoke/fire alarms to be isolated prior to Carpet Removal Sydney commencing work and remain isolated for the duration of our work on-site (failing which the Client will be responsible for any call out and associated fees charged by emergency responders)
– Stripping floors usually produces a substantial amount of dust. Carpet Removal Sydney uses dust extraction units wherever reasonably possible and takes care to vacuum the work area after the completion of work. Despite this, Carpet Removal Sydney cannot eliminate dust completely and it is the Customer’s responsibility to protect and clean areas, as necessary.
– It should be noted that jobs that create a large amount of dust such as concrete grinding, magnesite removal, tile removal, etc, will be cleaned up by our workers after completion of work in the work area. All floors we worked on will be cleaned, as well as all unit block common areas, etc.
– If other areas get affected with dust that we are not working in, such as the bathroom this is up to the client to clean. Other areas that are also hard to clean such as the roof, lights, windows, walls, furniture if on-site, mirrors are also up to the customer to clean. We are simply a removal team, not a cleaning team. We strongly recommend that you isolate any area that we are not working in.
– We will remove and dispose of all waste (unless a skip bin is required) and clean up by sweeping and vacuuming the floors that we worked on. We will often just do a simple vacuum of the floor after we have removed your flooring system or have ground your floor. We are not an extensive cleaning team.
– Any and ALL additional cleaning costs are the client’s responsibility and not Carpet Removal Sydney’s. It is also recommended that you isolate areas that we are not working in to stop dust from penetrating other areas. It is always recommended that you hire a professional cleaner after having any major renovations completed. This is at the owner’s expense, not Carpet Removal Sydney’s.
– Please view our “cleaning services” page for more information on the limits of what our cleaning services provide.
Site Inductions & PPE Requirements
– If your job requires our employees to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) or if your job requires a site induction or any special licenses you MUST let us know 7 days before the job so that we can ensure everything is ready.
Job Completion, Client Inspections, Equipment Re-Hire Costs & Other Customer Responsibilities
– Floors should be in sound condition and clear of all trade waste prior to our team’s arrival to remove your flooring system or perform our concrete grinding services. Please note that old underlays can sometimes be stuck to the floor. Any subfloor preparation will be at the customer’s expense (Such as concrete grinding or floor leveling services if they have not been quoted)
– On completion of all jobs, please be on-site when work is complete to sign off that you are satisfied – our on-site supervisor will call you to do an essential part of the job known as the “Job Completion Walkthrough” to inspect the work and to make sure that it is completed to your standards and that you are happy with the work you have received BEFORE the team leaves for the day. This is especially important for jobs that require our team to hire expensive commercial equipment (such as concrete grinders). Because if we have to come back the next day for a small touch-up, we will have to rehire expensive equipment, which you will be charged for if we have to come back. So PLEASE inspect your job carefully on completion and ensure you are happy with the work you have received from our team. If the client is not present on completion of the job the work will be deemed completed to the best standards and approved for invoice payment. Please organise someone to be available to do the “Job Completion Walkthrough” when you book your job in.
– All complaints should be discussed and dealt with immediately. PLEASE DO NOT wait until after the team has left the property. If the team has “completed” the job and you are not happy with the work, you should discuss this issue immediately with the on-site supervisor or contact 0424 408 330 immediately while the team is still on-site so that they can fix any issues or complaints that you may have with the work. Once again, this is especially important for jobs that our team has hired equipment for because if we have to come back the next day for a touch-up, we will have to rehire equipment, which you will be charged for.
– It is always the customer’s responsibility to cover, protect and isolate all areas, surfaces, and anything else prior to our team’s arrival that is likely to get damaged or have dust affect the area. Carpet Removal Sydney cannot be held liable for any of the costs of cleaning needed or damage caused due to the customer failing to cover, protect and isolate all areas and surfaces that they require protection to. We recommend using plastic sheets, sticky tape, etc. If you do not want the areas to get affected by dust or debris while our team performs services such as vinyl removal, magnesite removal, tile removal, concrete grinding, etc.
Not All Jobs Can Be Dust-Free
– When we are completely stripping out a flooring system substantial dust is produced from removing the floor as well as from grinding the concrete. This dust is still reduced by the use of our high-powered commercial dust extractors connected directly into our hand grinders, jackhammers & concrete grinders. But unfortunately, small amounts of dust are still produced and cannot be completely eliminated.
– It should also be noted that certain equipment such as concrete grinders needs some dust to work correctly. (Although over 90-95% of it is sucked up by a dust extractor that is plugged directly into the concrete grinder) but around 5-10% of the dust still escapes, this is intentionally designed like that as the concrete grinder needs dust under the diamonds to grind your concrete without damaging your concrete or our machines.
– Carpet Removal Sydney has high powered machinery for floor stripping and dust removal, this equipment requires a lot of power to operate at the same time, some houses & units with old electrical wiring & fuses have minimal power outputs are not capable of running all of our equipment at the same time, this may prevent us from using all of our equipment at the same time and may prevent us from using dust extraction equipment in some scenarios.
– You must provide our team with sufficient power for the use of our equipment, or you must provide temporary site power for our team from a source such as a generator. Depending on the size of your job as well as what services you are receiving you may need to provide more or fewer power points for the team. If you are concerned about your property’s lack of power please discuss this with our team before the job. As we may need several powerpoints on DIFFERENT circuits to power multiple high-powered pieces of equipment to reduce the chance of your power “Overloading” and shutting down. Which would result in you having to hire a generator.
– Carpet Removal Sydney demolition and dust extraction equipment uses a large amount of electrical power to operate all the equipment at the same time, please have as many power points available as possible, on separate circuits.
– Minimal power will inhibit the safe operation of our machinery and delay job completion. If we have problems with insufficient power, waiting charges may apply while our team cannot work until the power is fixed/restored or a is generator is supplied for our team to continue working (ALL charges regarding the cost of the generator will be at the customer’s expense, this includes but may not be limited too: Hiring of the generator, transporting the generator to the location, returning the generator to the location, refueling the generator, equipment Waiver Plus Fees)
– Carpet Removal Sydney has high-powered machinery for floor stripping, dust extractor equipment, concrete grinding equipment, ETC. All of this power requires a lot of power to operate at the same time, some houses & units with old electrical wiring, fuses & circuit boards. They have minimal power outlets (Sometimes only 2 instead of a large amount in new homes on different circuits) and are not capable of running all of our equipment at the same time. Due to this more electrical circuits may have to be added to ensure that we can continue using all of our equipment on-site. (This is relevantly cheap, normally only 1 needs to be added for residential jobs for old unit blocks)
– If our team is booked in for a glued tile removal job and upon arrival to the job site the tiles have actually been laid with screed, cement, or sand & cement then the customer WILL face additional charges. We charge $25 Per SQM for removal of glued tiles and $48 Per SQM for removal of tiles with a screed, cement, or sand & cement bedding. We also have additional charges for tiles with a wire mesh through them. Please view our tile removal page for more information.
– Any waterproofing found under tile beddings will not be removed free of charge. If a waterproofing membrane is found and you want it removed there will be additional charges.
– If a tile removal job has over 10cm cement bedding you may face additional charges due to increased costs in labour and waste disposal.
– Tiles with a wire mesh cement underlay will face an additional charge of $10 per square metre to remove.
– Tiles that are attached to a wood subfloor will require a floor sander after we have removed the tiles. Unfortunately, floor sanding is not a service Carpet Removal Sydney offers so after we remove your tiles if you have a wood subfloor there maybe glue or cement/screed residue that you will need to sand off.
– Our Satellite 480 concrete grinders can only grind up to 3mm of concrete off your slab without causing damage to the concrete and our machines. High-powered commercial machinery such as concrete mowers or concrete planers is needed to level slabs as well as lasers to map everything out. Carpet Removal Sydney does not use concrete mowers or concrete planers. We only use standard high powered concrete grinders that are used to grind up to 3mm of concrete from the top of your slab to smooth it out, or we use our concrete grinders to remove up to 6mm to remove thick coatings of residues such as glues, paint, epoxy, waterproofing membranes, cement, screeds, etc.
– If we quote to remove vinyl, lino, tiles, carpet, etc from your property that is glued to concrete, we will then need to grind the concrete with a concrete grinder to remove the glue residue. This does not mean that we are going to level your concrete slab, we are simply removing the glue residue to allow the reinstallation of a new flooring system or a floor leveling compound successfully.
– If your concrete slab is not level and is completely out of whack this may affect our ability to be able to successfully use the concrete grinder as it relies on a level surface to function correctly.
– Concrete grinding jobs will face a “minimum job charge fee” of $500 – $2,400+ (Depending on what size machine is needed as well as what diamond is required to do the job)
For more information on our minimum job charge please visit:
– Additional charges may be charged to the customer if the subfloor needs to be scrapped at $150 – $250 / per hour (This charge may be higher or lower depending on the severity of the scraping that is needed and how strong the glue is or how many staples there are. We will always try our hardest to achieve the best results possible for our clients, but several factors such as what glue was used and on what subfloor will depend on how much of the underlay can be removed. This also includes things like the removal of thousands of staples from a wooden floor.
– Please note that some old properties have been laid with a rubber underlay on wooden floors. This can sometimes be so stuck down due to improper installation or it can be “Melted” to the floor. In these situations, there is nothing that our staff can do to make your floor flawless again. You will have to hire a floor sander to remove the remaining underlay.
– If a carpet removal job has been quoted as a “smooth-edged [$9/sqm] job” and upon inspecting/starting the job it is not smooth-edged and has been laid using a different method – Example: directly nailed to the floor [$15/sqm] or staple gunned [$17/sqm] or commercially glued [$25/sqm] than the original quote will be void and the job will result in extra charges.
– When removing Vinyl/Lino flooring systems our team will often need to use a “Powered Vinyl Stripping Machine” it should be noted that as Vinyl/Lino is glued to your floor when we use these machines or other scrapers and tools it may cause minor damage, scratches, etc to your floorboards. Luckily these can be removed by having your floorboards sanded & polished.
– Staple Gunned Carpet may have Hessian Brown Felt Carpet Underlay underneath it, this is known to potentially have ASBESTOS in it if you have not had your hessian brown felt carpet underlay tested for ASBESTOS, then we will not be able to complete your job. Carpet Removal Sydney DOES NOT take on ASBESTOS work.
– Vinyl Sheet, Vinyl Tile, Linoleum Sheet, Linoleum Tile Flooring may potentially have ASBESTOS in it if you have not had your flooring system tested for ASBESTOS, then we will not be able to complete your job. Carpet Removal Sydney DOES NOT take on ASBESTOS work.
– The glue underneath Vinyl Sheet, Vinyl Tile, Linoleum Sheet, Linoleum Tile Flooring may potentially have ASBESTOS in it if you have not had your flooring system tested for ASBESTOS, then we will not be able to complete your job. Carpet Removal Sydney DOES NOT take on ASBESTOS work.
– Magnesite Flooring may potentially have ASBESTOS in it, if you have not had your flooring system tested for ASBESTOS, then we will not be able to complete your job. Carpet Removal Sydney DOES NOT take on ASBESTOS work.
– Old Tiles may be installed with a Black Mastic ASBESTOS glue.
– Commercial Direct-Stick Carpet may be installed with a Black Mastic ASBESTOS glue.
– Old Carpet Tiles may be installed with a Bitumen ASBESTOS adhesive or Black Mastic ASBESTOS glue.
– Bituminous Waterproofing Membranes may also contain ASBESTOS.
– ASBESTOS can also be found in the Glue Residue underneath most flooring systems that have been installed before the 1990s
– So even if you have had these flooring systems safely removed by a licensed ASBESTOS specialist. Our concrete grinding team will not be able to help you with the removal of the glue residue. As there will most likely be ASBESTOS residue in the glue as well.
– You MUST provide Carpet Removal Sydney with an “Asbestos inspections and clearance certificates” as they are now COMPULSORY BY LAW.
– What is the cost of “Asbestos inspections and clearance certificates“?
– Sample Analysis for Asbestos: $99/Per Sample (24-hour wait for results)
– Express Sample Analysis for Asbestos: $198/Per Sample (3-hour wait for results)
– Consultant Call Out Fee In The Sydney Metro Area: $203.50c
– Please note these prices may have changed since we have last posted this blog post (But they should be up to date)
– Otherwise, we will not be able to accept your job. For legal and safety reasons. Carpet Removal Sydney DOES NOT take on ASBESTOS work.
– You MUST notify Carpet Removal Sydney of any possible ASBESTOS on-site, Carpet Removal Sydney DOES NOT take on ASBESTOS work.
– If un-expected ASBESTOS is found on-site you will be charged $300 per labourer who was on-site and the job will be put on hold until the area with the possible ASBESTOS has been cleared or checked with “Asbestos inspections and clearance certificates“ for both your and our safety. (Call out fees may also apply if we have traveled over a certain distance to your job)
The health and safety of our employees and customers are our top priority.
We will NOT bend the rules for anyone.
You MUST get an asbestos test if you are requesting a quote for one of the above services.