For any project that we possibly stumble across Asbestos, we will hang this Warning Sign, stop the project, and bring in AIRSAFE.NET.AU to take a sample to ensure no asbestos is in the material before continuing the project.
Warning Sign – Asbestos Containing Material Existing In This Building. AS 1319 specifies that Warning Signs should be used to warn of a hazard or hazardous condition that is not likely to be life-threatening. For all life-threatening conditions, a Danger Sign should be used. Asbestos danger signs MUST be on-site for all projects related to Asbestos removal.
– Where Does ASBESTOS Potentially Lurk? And What Does It Look Like?
– Click On The Words Below To View What Asbestos Products Potentially Look Like:
– Lino Tiles
– Vinyl Tiles
– Lino Sheets
– Vinyl Sheets
– Magnesite Flooring
– Staple Gunned Carpet (No Photo)
– Brown Hessian Felt Carpet Underlay
– Black Mastic Glue / Bitumen Adhesive
– Brown Hessian Felt Backed Vinyl or Lino Sheeting
– Brown Hessian Felt Carpet Underlay with Magnesite Flooring Underneath
You MUST provide Carpet Removal Sydney with an “Asbestos inspections and clearance certificate” They are COMPULSORY BY LAW.
What is the cost of an “Asbestos inspections and clearance certificate“?
– Sample Analysis for Asbestos: $99/Per Sample (24-hour wait for results)
– Express Sample Analysis for Asbestos: $198/Per Sample (3-hour wait for results)
– Consultant Call Out Fee In The Sydney Metro Area: $203.50c
– Please note these prices may have changed since we last posted this blog post (But they should be up to date)
We will not be able to accept your job. For legal and safety reasons if you fail to provide us with an asbestos clearance certificate, Carpet Removal Sydney DOES NOT take on ASBESTOS work.
– The health and safety of our employees and customers are our top priority.
– We will NOT bend the rules for anyone.
– You MUST provide us with an asbestos clearance certificate
Q1 – Who Do I Contact To Get An Asbestos Clearance Certificate?
A1 – AIRSAFE.NET.AU/SAMPLE-TESTING
Q2 – Who Do I Contact To Remove Asbestos From My Home If There Is Any Found?
A2 – AIRSAFE.NET.AU/ASBESTOS-REMOVAL
Q3 – Do I Need To Test My Flooring System For Asbestos?
A3 – Materials from the 1920s – 1990s have a chance of having asbestos in them. Products created after the early 1990s do not have any asbestos in them as asbestos is banned and no longer used in all industries.