Where Does ASBESTOS Lurk?
– Vinyl Sheets which may have ASBESTOS in it.
– Vinyl Tiles which may have ASBESTOS in it.
– Lino Sheets which may have ASBESTOS in it.
– Lino Tiles which may have ASBESTOS in it.
– Magnesite Flooring which may have ASBESTOS in it.
– Staple Gunned Carpet which commonly has Hessian Brown Felt Carpet Underlay underneath it, could have ASBESTOS in it.
– Old Tiles may be installed with a Black Mastic ASBESTOS glue.
– Commercial Direct-Stick Carpet may be installed with a Black Mastic ASBESTOS glue.
– Old Carpet Tiles may be installed with a Bitumen ASBESTOS adhesive or Black Mastic ASBESTOS glue.
– Bituminous Waterproofing Membranes may also contain ASBESTOS.
– ASBESTOS can also be found in the Glue Residue underneath most flooring systems that have been installed before the 1990s
So even if you have had these flooring systems safely removed by a licensed ASBESTOS specialist. Our concrete grinding team will not be able to help you with the removal of the glue residue. As there will most likely be ASBESTOS residue in the glue as well.
You MUST provide Carpet Removal Sydney with an “Asbestos inspections and clearance certificates” as they are now COMPULSORY BY LAW.
What is the cost of an “Asbestos inspections and clearance certificates“?
– If you send the sample your self to them for processing your looking at: $90
– If you request them to inspect your site to test for asbestos you are looking at: $200
– Please note these prices may have changed since we have last posted this blog post (But they should be up to date)
Otherwise, we will not be able to accept your job. For legal and safety reasons. Carpet Removal Sydney DOES NOT take on ASBESTOS work.
The health and safety of our employees and customers is our top priority.
We will NOT bend the rules for anyone.
You MUST get an asbestos test if you are requesting a quote for one of the above services.